Why attend Global Momentum 2016 in Las Vegas from July 27-31?? Well here are 10 reasons why (in no particular order):
1. Meet and befriend amazing people from all around the world. Not only is CARP an awesome national community of students, but it is also international. We are expecting students from over 20 countries to attend. Since Momentum workshops began in 2014, the biggest highlight has been making friends with people from all over the world.
2. Experience the world-class education center in Las Vegas. The International Peace
Education Center (IPEC) is one of the most recent (and most note-worthy in our opinion) additions to Las Vegas. While Las Vegas is known for hosting conventions and conferences, IPEC blows other facilities out of the water with its radiance, elegance, and sophistication. It is the best space for the best education to take place. Father Moon initiated this building for that exact reason – for global education to take place.
3. It’s the simplest way to plug into CARP. Get the full experience and learn what CARP is all about. (Spoiler alert: CARP is about developing global citizens!) You’ll receive the education, training, and support network to be a global citizen and you won’t leave the workshop the same person.
4. Empower yourself. You will get immersed in CARP culture and will be surrounded by other like-minded young people who want to develop themselves. You may be looking for a great experience this summer or you may want to get connected to something inspiring. If so, this is the place for you.
5. Empower others. It’s a known axiom that when you invest in others, you naturally also invest in yourself. They can easily go hand-in-hand. CARP’s mission is to develop global citizens, meaning people who are concerned about the well-being of the world and who are called to take action and make a difference.
6. Experience the Principle in a brand new way. You’ll experience STEP UP (STudent EmPowerment through Unification Principles), CARP’s 2-day signature program. It’s interactive, engaging, and relevant to your life. You’ll discover how principles can change your life and even if you’ve heard these principles before, you haven’t seen them like this.
7. COOL MERCH!!! Go back to campus rocking the awesome CARP look. It’s distinguished, refined, and cool. These aren’t your usual run-of-the-mill hoodies or cheap materials you’ll throw away later. CARP swag is seriously the coolest.
9. Experience the hidden wonders of Las Vegas. Join an optional 2-day sightseeing tour to the natural beauties surrounding Las Vegas like the Grand Canyon, Lake Meade, Red Rocks, Hoover Dam, etc. Take time to reflect and connect with nature.
10. Celebrate like it’s 2016. We’re celebrating CARP’s 50th Anniversary with an awesome banquet celebration on Saturday, July 30th. We will walk through CARP’s history in the last 50 years, acknowledge what we have accomplished, and create another 50+ years of incredible accomplishments. Join the celebration with us. Go to carplife.org/50years to learn more.
- Develop a personal relationship with God. Wherever you are at in your life of faith, this workshop will give you the space to discover God in a powerful and meaningful way. Through morning spiritual practices and interactive sessions, you can give yourself the gift of focusing your time and attention on your relationship with God.
There are plenty of other reasons to attend: 1-on-1 coaching sessions, panels and breakout sessions on “Principles at Work,” skills training, public speaking training, event planning sessions, and more.
Did we mention it’s going to be super fun? We don’t want to spoil the surprises so do yourself a favor and register. Go to carplife.org/summer2016